Sunday 23 June 2013

James' Today 23/06/2013

Hey Guys!

Welcome to the first James' Today. I have a couple of news articles from the last couple of days to show to you and discuss briefly as well as a song that today put me in a pretty good mood, before some drunk guy was too loud in the restaurant that is!

So the first article is from Sky News and refers to the name of the rapper Kayne West's and the err I don't actually know what she does Kim Kardashian's newborn baby North West. Is it a good or bad name? I also think it's good now to bring up whether the name is dumb after Kayne West is quoted as saying "Right now it's a fight against the separation and constant dumbing down of culture, and I'm standing in the middle of it," he said. "So if you know what people say are my lowest moments, those moments where I sat and saw them try to dumb down culture, and I would not allow it to happen on my clock."(source Digital Spy). Is he succeeding by what many would say is a stupid name? Mind you is calling your album "Yeezus" and the first single "I Am A God" good examples of this either? I think not, it seems no more intelligent than any generic pop rubbish that's released nowadays. In my opinion you want music with lyrics that mean something, considering some of his last songs, I don't think that he is succeeding in a battle to stop the dumbing down of society but to continue to dumbing down of society. 

Secondly I would like to share Irn-Bru's new advertising campaign with you. Like coke they are going for names on bottles, but not just any names, traditional Scottish names like this:
Good move or bad move? Personally I think it's quite funny, but then I'd find anyone with the name "Fanny" quite funny...which is probably why this advert is one of my favourites in this country:
Although this spoof sequel may be even better:


Infact looking at the adverts for Irn Bru I could write a whole blog about them and how funny they are, I think I may have to do that for tomorrow. But in this case, is the idea to put these traditional Scottish names on the bottle hot or not? Considering it's a traditional Scottish drink surely it's looking back at it's heritage in a humorous way?

And finally, to end on a song, kinda my song of the day, here is Dakota by the Stereophonics! Enjoy!



Remember to comment, tweet me, or email!

Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment