Sunday 30 June 2013

If You Have The Time To Listen To Me Whine

Hey guys! Me again! First of all sorry for no James' Today on Saturday! I was pretty occupied, I mean Laura Robson took two hours to win! Then I had a couple of pints so yes. I have a few things today that I want to rant about and I am going to put them all in one post.

So the first thing I wish to rant about and it is a thing, is Katie Price. You do need the time to listen to me whine here really! Well today I read an article about Ms Price saying her husband will get "fuck all". Now I can understand trust must come a big deal when you are as utterly detestable as the thing that seems to be in a state of permanent jealousy of Kelly Brook, so much so you send a picture of her bare breast thinking the whole of Britain will be in shock and say "she's not all that". But no, this backfires as Katie is the only person who thinks plastic is a good look.

This is a thing that works for The Scum newspaper about issues that deeply effect us like "Where will we get our make up if Bangladesh gets flooded?" along with many a story about Peter Andre and how he's a horrible person. I'm afraid to the woman who claims she can count the amount of men she has slept with using her fingers (yes I know, she must be severely dyslexic), having so many husbands and relationships that end in tatters, I can spot one similarity...Katie Price is involved. I am fed up with having papers and news websites telling me what bullshit she's up to now. I don't care if she wants to be in Eurovision, she can't sing and we'll come last because Europe hates her. So why do people follow her, or want to be like her? Why have Sky been rumoured to commission a show looking for the next Katie Price? Is this country really this stupid? We want intelligent, funny, confident women, not women who have to try to look as much like Barbie as possible. Katie Price is just a signal for men to continue to be sexist, that's all she's good for, sorry to be blunt but it's the truth. It's just a shame The Scum newspaper would rather publicise this than tell us about these smart, funny and confident women we would rather hear about.

To be honest, the fact that Katie Price is so popular within society shows me society is dumbing down which leads me onto my next point. Text language needs to stop. I'm fine with the odd use of "lol" and "tbh" in a text conversation but today I found out thanks to +Danièlle Owen that "NVM" means Nevermind. Now what the hell is that for text language, stop using it and write the word. That word was the name of one of the greatest albums of it's time, by a band called Nirvana, I'm sure Kurt Cobain would have been thrilled to call his album "NVM"...and then there is "IMO" which means "In my opinion", why? This makes no sense whatsoever! Stop using slang and text speak and speak in normal English. It's what we all learnt in school. I mean we use this rubbish and then complain that foreign people don't know English, well right now some of us look to also be struggling with the mother tongue! I would prefer this generation not to be the generation of TOWIE, Geordie Shore, Justin Bieber and One Direction, not just because all of these are generally unintelligent television and music with little meaning, but because none of those things has an ounce of real personality within it. Now I can respect people listening to One Direction the odd time, it appears in the club as much as I personally loathe it, but I can only stand that if it's a light sprinkling on top of what I would call far better more intelligent bands. Bieber is also a far worse role model than One Direction, although both fan bases are some of the most scary things you will ever get to cross. Personally I would advise not liking either. But to my point, we need to have an intelligence around, personality, TOWIE and stuff like this just make people sit back and do nothing other than be stupid all day! It's a pathetic excuse for a television show. Mind you I could go on about how the BBC have dumbed down the shows I watched when I was a child, such as Blue Peter now, which went from a reasonably intelligent show to a show that's stupidity is beyond itself, on once a week, mainly so shows about red dogs etc can be shown.

Finally I watched the Rolling Stones tonight, to be blunt it was pretty diabolical considering their reputation, in fact it was an embarrassment to their reputation. Jagger looked like he was a walking skeleton. The dancing was abysmal, all I can say is you expect better, especially from a band that charge £190 for an arena gig. But then some fools must pay that much and then wonder why it was worth it. All I can say is thank goodness a band like the Ramones or the Beatles couldn't embarrass themselves in this way. If you want to see an older artist I would recommend Bruce Springsteen, his Glastonbury set looked incredible, plus everyone I know who has seen him has commented on how good he is and his music is most certainly on the same level (personally I would say far higher) than the Rolling Stones. This is not to say I hate the music the Stones produced, some was reasonably good, but honestly guys, you should have split up decades ago, fans who pay huge sums of money to see that rubbish are being victimised by your greed to make a few more quid. And regarding comments about not finding your careers mentally stimulating and making it sound like such a bad life, look at yourselves and your bank accounts and shut up. If you want to be mentally stimulated and a musician think more about the lyrics, there are many bands I like with lyrics people can relate too. Not just think "this is a good tune and I can know the chorus".

The concludes my rant, which could go on forever to be honest.

No offence was meant regarding the dyslexic comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment