Saturday 22 June 2013

Frustrated

Hey guys! Now I've been feeling frustrated and bored the last few days, you may ask why, well it's summer and I'm a University student. More to the point though whereas most University students get to go back to where they went to secondary school and hang out with their friends as well as work, a lot of them at jobs they got before University which are open to them going back to in holidays. However my family moved to Nottinghamshire on the days I got my A level results and confirmation I would be going to Plymouth University. For those that don't know getting from Nottinghamshire to either Plymouth or Barnstaple does cost well over £30, sometimes closer to £60, a trip I have to make a few times a year to go from the family home to my University home, it's not something I can really afford to do though to see my friends back in the town I would refer to as home in the Summer and lets be honest, there's no point of any of them going to Nottingham, the only good event that has happened there that I noticed was Blink-182.

So why am I telling you all this in this blog? Well it's frustrating. I have applied for countless jobs, at places at anywhere advertising and places that are not. I have considered walking into the supermarkets and telling them I won't move until they give me a job or at least interview me or give me a job trial because lets be honest they can afford it. I'm not sure why it seems easier for my friends to get a job in Bideford but it does, maybe there are just not as many people of my age group going to University here and deciding to work in a shop for the rest of their lives and more teenage parents here (although there were and I believe looking on Facebook are a fair few teenage parents in Bideford) who can't afford to go to University or courses away from here due to that commitment. For some reason though, it seems harder to get a job in this more densely populated area of the country, this might be because ASDA like to employ their employees children here, seems to be one of the reasons, the rest seem quite backwards in all honesty, for instance when my Mum bought some goods there explained to the person putting the "freshly" baked "pasties" (they were not of a sufficient quality to bear the name pasty to be honest) that both her and my sister were vegetarians, the person put the pasties into the same bag. This person shouldn't be working at a food store if she does this, what if a person who is due to beliefs a vegetarian and this person puts them next to a product containing meat that they don't eat, it could to the customer "contaminate" their food. Yet this person has a job and I do not. Takes away my belief in the best people getting the job, as even if I'm not the best, she clearly was near the worst. Also I need money to see my friends, so I can't see my friends because people hire idiots like that and don't give students a good chance as far as I'm aware (if anyone in Nottingham reads this and wants to give me a job, please send a comment, email or tweet yeah?).

Secondly, things here happen that wouldn't so easily happen in Bideford. I may have had my fair share of scraps in Bideford, but I was the type of person who wouldn't keep my opinion quiet if I was offended and this could lead to myself falling out with people that made racist comments, especially Tom Benson (if you wanna send your Mum to my old houses door to complain to my Mum but not to my face, or send your army mates round there to "get me" because you can't face up to your own racist remarks yourself, please do) and the chavs. But in Nottingham on my first full day back from Univeristy for Christmas it was my sisters 18th party, me and my cousins however were fed up of her taste in music and stuff and thought about going to Wetherspoons, only to have some thugs try to mug us. These were low life scum mugs that you seem to see more of here than in Bideford, attacking three people unprovoked asking for our phones. Now I must be honest, I didn't get punched, I thought they had a knife and found the nearby bouncer for Wetherspoons to get the police on these scumbags, and I hope they were arrested, I also by a streak of luck didn't have my iPhone 5 on my but my iPod touch, although I wasn't giving it to them, they wouldn't understand the music on it as it contains instruments and isn't just full of "I'm gonna fucking shoot you, because I am hard, because I do rap, and emo's are useless" but proper music from the Arctic Monkeys, to Green Day all the way to odd hits by pop groups like Marina and the Diamonds, Eliza Doolittle and Ellie Goulding. But this showed me a sign that some of the people in Nottingham aren't exactly receptive of people who don't just give their phones. At least in Bideford I knew who some of these problem people were and to watch out for them, I also could predict that a couple of people in my year would end up in prison (I got at least one right unfortunately). Also the people of Nottingham seem to go out wearing joggers, (the type of thing you wear when you're staying in because you have a hangover after an intense night in Oceana Plymouth, busy on the sambucca and beer without getting into trouble...). This is a just no, to me you look like an idiot, especially if you have lines in your hair, the only reason for having that is that your friend did it when you were asleep or your name is Mario Balotelli. You just look like a twat.

Thirdly, not knowing anybody here (and not really being willing to associate with someone who has dressed up like a member of D12), I don't really have a friend here. The people who I have met seem to have this idea that the original people who lived there must be better and therefore leads to me having a lower opinion of them too. Grow up is all I can say to those people. Then there is the fact that due to the timings of moving, my sister obviously went to six form and made friends, I on the other hand didn't get any opportunity to do this and therefore know nobody, so I've went from Bideford where we went to the cinema, went on nights out, hung out on the beach to Nottinghamshire where I lack friends to do any of this with (which will make me a lightweight by Reading Festival/Freshers 2013 as well as miss new films like The Man Of Steel), partly down to the time of move, partly down to myself only being in Nottingham during short periods other than the long long summer, and secondly there is no bloody beach! I miss the beach, the beach was amazing, a nice pint of cider by Westward Ho! beach on the pebble ridge was great, it was one of the best things to do really! I do really miss the regular meeting up with friends.

And then there's the issue that whilst in Nottingham I am always with my family, it's great to go and see them, it really is, but it can become irritating living under rules again, not having to worry about times you come in, or nobody would worry if you just go out and stuff like that. Also people sleep later at uni than at home, so of course you can be louder, and people won't tell you to get quieter for instance. Also was nice to order a Chinese or Indian randomly at 10pm for instance. You also didn't get comments about the time of getting up, mind you staying up late is definitely not as fun at home. Also University had daily meet ups with friends, which was great. Going from that to very little of a social life is frustrating.

There may be a part two to this post, you never know, there is probably enough to write about, so ya'know.

Got any comments about frustration in your life, particularly regarding summer for uni students, or moving, then leave a comment or tweet me, alternatively you can email and I shall get back to you.

Cheers guys


No comments:

Post a Comment