Tuesday 2 July 2013

Ultimate Blog Challenge - The 31 things I find most annoying - Number 30 - Kayne West

Hey guys! It's time for my second ultimate blog challenge post. Yesterday I discussed the 31st most annoying thing, the television "talent" shows. Well today I have moved to what the 30th most annoying thing, this is a person and his name is Kayne West. That said I can see this one bringing up the Kardashians, or at least Kim, this said I don't know anything about how the Kardashians are famous and have therefore done a Wikipedia before I start, I hear they are in an American tv show that sounds one of these unintelligent awful fake reality shows and a short marriage involving Kim. But thats pretty much it. Oh and a huge ass that apparently competes with Britain's own Pippa Middleton. You can discuss if you like these asses in my comments if you so wish! Alternatively you can share my rather confused thoughts as to why an ass increases someone's fame into the big time, however nice the Daily Mail and The Scum may find this!

But onto Kayne now! As I'm sure most of you know Kayne is a famous musical artist in the rap genre. Selling many albums he originally came on the scene releasing singles such as "Golddigga" and a cover of "Diamonds Are Forever" by Shirley Bassey. Now this didn't any me. It's what has come regarding Kayne in the last few years. 

I'm not a fan of Taylor Swift or MTV however I seem to remember a moment in an awards ceremony where Taylor Swift won an award, on came to stage this American rapper claiming that the award should have been that of Beyonce's. Now given his relationship you'd expect this to be Jay-Z, however it was not, it was Kayne West. Later on Beyonce won the best artist award, which explains why she didn't win the best female. I'm not sure how Kayne failed to notice this award, unless he thought he was going to be the lucky man to win it! 

So what next for Kayne, time to calm down? No. An album with Jay-Z. What was the lead track on this album? The racial song "N*ggers In Paris". Now I realise both artists are from the USA and I'm from the UK. But I would presume that like the UK the USA don't accept racist language. I also realise that both Kayne West and Jay-Z are black and therefore able to get away with these words to an extent. But who buys the tracks? When I was young "American Idiot" was released with the words "Fuck America", the line these words in was my favourite, because it had rebellion, plus it was the time of the Iraq war and not many people actually liked America. But these songs bring in words to a young persons vocabulary. In Britain we saw various racism arguments over the last few years, from the Jade Goodie big brother row years ago on channel 4 to the more recent alleged cases of Luis Suarez and John Terry. So whilst punishments for the latter two get carried out and remembered a song is released using words that incite racial hatred in this society, words that shouldn't be used. I don't know why the song was allowed to chart when in the charts songs like "My Ding-a-ling" that were much less offensive.

And now the last 6 months. Kayne is now a dad, but as I previously stated on a earlier post he called his child "North". To me this implies that he may well see his child as a joke as think of North West's days in school! Embarrassing. Then there's his comment that he's fighting against the dumbing down of society, (for those that wanna see I'll link my blog post about this when I'm on my iMac, I'm writing this on an iPad), he claims this is in his music. "I am Yeezus" makes a mockery of this comments, how would this be intelligent? The man is an irritating musician in society, with lyrics that mean nothing or, to his credit in the song "Golddigga" persuade one not to o out with a woman like Kim Kardashian!

Okay so I shall stop here, even though I could go on forever. Please comment your opinion ofmKayne West, his music and the genre. Is he annoying or am I completely wrong? 

Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I don't really follow popular music but the culture is so different in the US to the UK. Plus, we are all products of those we hang around. Show biz life is completely different from every day life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree with you more...except I'd probably have him higher on the list than 30.

    Visiting from the Ultimate Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete